The Redland Pentecostal Holiness Church was organized on January 21, 1945 as a result of a tent meeting held on Redland Road in late 1944. Prior to having a church building, the 10 charter members worshipped in a brush arbor during the summer months and in different homes throughout the winter. One acre of land off Highway 158 facing Baltimore Road was purchased in October 1945 and construction began the same year. The congregation moved into the completed sanctuary on the first Sunday in May, 1948. To this date, Homecoming services are held on the first Sunday in May.